Acting Intensive m. Kirk Baltz (L.A.)
Mo, 24. Feb 2020 - Do, 27. Feb 2020| incl. video shooting!
Dearest Munich Gang
Welcome to 2020 and all her abundance that awaits.
Recently the time had come for me to return to taking care of my own Artist.
The past 3 months I’ve been working with another renowned teacher in LA I’ve known for sometime. A still point of inner courage, grace and solace has been found a new. While readying for a film I’ll be doing in the Spring I find myself reinvigorated…and now hungry to return to Munich February 24-27 to share some new techniques, exercises and ways of working.
We will be working with an early and well known play of John Patrick Shanley’s entitled „Danny and the Deep Blue Sea„… give it a thorough read in it’s entirety and bring a printed copy to class.
In addition all will choose a short monologue from a play, tv show or film you’d like to work on. Maybe something you’ve written….or even a piece from a book you’re drawn to. We will then shoot your 60 second monologue individually at the end of our final day. You may add this strong piece of work to an existing demo reel or use it to help create a new one. All will have their video file 7-10 day after the workshop. Looking forward to our continuing to get out of our own ways and doing Work that shines.
With Care and Respect,
- Mon./Tue.**, 10:00-17:00 Open Level
- Wed./Thu.**, 10:00-17:00 Weiterführende Tage (inkl. Video Shoot on last Day)
- jeweils 10-17 Uhr
- All levels!
- Video Material is for you to take home!
- 295€ for 2 days | 265€ retruners/full time acting-students
- 530€ for all 4 days | 500€ returners/full time acting-students
- Travelling from abroad? We give travel discounts, if you travel from far!
- Please bring a 60-90 sec. Monologoue (from a play, tv show, film or from a book you like or something selfwritten)
- Please download the script here: „Danny and the Deep Blue Sea„. However: You will just need to read it once and bring a printed paper copy. No electronic devices please.
- Dress comfortably. Bring lunch, notebook, pen, water bottle, a yoga mat and/or blanket. We will be doing a fair amount of floor work.
About Kirk Baltz (L.A.)
While having appeared in over 150 film, TV and stage productions Kirk Baltz has worked with such noted film directors as Paul Thomas Anderson, Chantal Akerman, Warren Beatty, Oliver Stone, John Woo, Kevin Costner, Quentin Tarantino, Taylor Hackford and Deniz Gamez Erguven. He trained extensively with Greg Zittle of The Neighborhood Play House and Sandra Seacat, Tony Greco and Susan Batson, all renowned acting teachers and noted members of NY’s Actor’s Studio. In ’95, Kirk began teaching acting classes in LA and workshops in other major cities across the U.S. and abroad. He continues to offer private coaching in LA as well as online sessions via Skype. He can currently be seen in film festivals across the US and abroad in the critically acclaimed short films The Armoire by Evan Cooper as well as Demon by Caleb Slain. Kirk will be appearing in the upcoming feature The Will O Wisp by Evan Cooper.
- In welcher Sprache wird gearbeitet bzw. muss ich Englisch wirklich perfekt können?
I do encourage folks to work in their mother tongue. There’s more of an internal connection that takes place and then the works can be taken to English if desired. I’m more interested in artists grabbing the essence of the work rather than being concerned with the linguistics. I don’t need to understand what’s being said. I’m looking for truth and conviction.
- Wird zusätzliche Arbeit zu Hause erwartet?
There might be minimal work on lunch breaks and to do at home in the evening. Simple review of scenes and perhaps a bit of writing…nothing arduous. Evenings are for resting and dreaming 🙂